Hello again friends. We have an update, and hopefully a fix for your app issues. We’re so sorry for the recent frustration, but we have a fix in place and we need your help to test it out and let us know if it’s working. For many of you, the app should be working fine. If your app is not working properly, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the app for the fix to kick in. So please try the following and let us know if it’s working:
Try #1: Close & Reopen the App: That may be enough to get it working again.
Try #2: Delete & Reinstall the App: Even if you tried this before today, please try again. Here’s a step by step:
– Open your phone to the home screen where you see the TTW app.
– Hold your finger on the TTW app icon until an X appears in the corner. Tap X to delete/uninstall.
– Open the App Store and find “Through the Word”
– Tap “Get” or “Install”
Test it & Let Us Know: After you reinstall, give the app a try and let us know if it worked. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us.
If it’s still not working: Please email to let us know exactly what isn’t working and what kind of device you are using. We will continue to work on a fix until it’s working for everyone. In the meantime, you can use the web-app at throughtheword.org on your mobile or laptop.
Thanks so much for your patience and help!
In Christ, Pastor Kris
PS. If you’re wondering what the problem was (and you like technical jargon) – we just switched the app to a new Bible API on Friday so that we can add more Bible translations on the same API. There was a query limit on the new API, and we didn’t see it. So the app worked great in testing, but when we launched we passed the limit quickly and it shut down our access to the Bible server. Always another adventure.