Hello TTW Friends!
Pastor Kris here to let you know that we posted a new update to the TTW app in the App Store last weekend. TTW version 2.2.2 has a fix for an issue that affected the journaling feature (“Think” page) for some users. You can get the latest update in the App Stores here:
Solution for Ongoing App Issue: We have heard from a few users that they have had ongoing trouble with the app since we launched the NIV and CSB. It has been tough to solve because it affects only a few users, but we believe that we may have found a solution for you. The issue is tricky because it seems to be related to something that iCloud or Android save in your settings – even when you delete the app. That means that your phone saves the problem even when we change the app. That makes it really difficult to get rid of. But if that’s you, we came up with the following directions for you to try. I’ll work on making a better version of these directions with pictures for each step, but for now you can give this a try. Also please know that you can use the web version of the app at throughtheword.org until your app is working again, and always please email us at [email protected] with any issues and we’ll do our best to help!
Here are the directions:
If you are having significant issues with the TTW app…
Fix for iPhone or iPad:
- Settings > Click Apple ID (your name at the top)
- iCloud > Turn off iCloud Drive,
- iCloud > Turn off iCloud Backup
- iTunes & App Store > Turn off Apps
- iTunes & App Store > Turn off Updates
- Uninstall TTW
- Reinstall TTW
- Check that TTW works.
- Turn iCloud Drive and iCloud Backup on and Turn on Apps and Updates
Fix for Android – try these solutions in order:
Quit the TTW app completely (not just press home and go back to it).
- Press the app drawer button (usually the right button).
- Tap the ‘X’ or Swipe right to quit TTW.
- Press the home button and then go to reopen TTW.
Clear TTW’s App Cache and App Data
- Clear the app’s data: Go to Settings, Tap “Apps” > Tap “TTW” > Tap “Storage” > Tap “Clear cache” and Tap “Clear data”
- Go back to TTW App and Login.
Uninstall and Reinstall the app.
Yay! 2nd solution worked for me and my son, over 3 quite different devices. Thanks heaps. So much easier to use the app, as I couldn't see or use the bottom tabs on the website and was getting frustrated with it. We are loving TTW and being challenged and encouraged.