Join the Through the Word team on our mission to equip the world to read the Bible, understand it, apply it, and make it a habit… together.
- We’re searching for someone we call “The Machinist”: a person skilled in constructing and operating a content marketing machine.
- “The Machine”: Piques interest in the Bible but also cultivates a Bible habit leading to life change and discipleship.
Who are you?
- You’re acquainted with the Through the Word app and eager to contribute to this God-mission that’s changing lives worldwide.
- Passionate about the great commission, you’re willing to employ any means “short of sinning.”
- You’ve “done it before.” You’ve previously built successful marketing systems for other medium/large organizations, balancing both organic and paid growth strategies.
- Marketing-related degree is a bonus. However, we’re primarily seeking someone with tangible results in their portfolio. Demonstrable success in marketing, especially digital marketing, speaks louder than formal education.
- 7+ years of experience in marketing, or substantial evidence of growth and success in similar roles. Your journey may have been unconventional, but your achievements should clearly showcase your marketing prowess and ability to drive results.
- Set on discipleship and personal growth, your reading includes the Bible, business books, and marketing books and you seek to learn truth and implement wisdom into your life.
- You are disciplined in doing the basics… being consistent and iterative in long-term strategies.
- You embody meticulous attention to detail and rapid execution. Your approach is both structured and aesthetically pleasing, highlighting your creative and organized nature.
- You prioritize the essential 20% of marketing opportunities that provide the most substantial results and disregard the distracting 80%.
- You understand modern content marketing as popularized by creators such as GaryVee, Alex Hormozi, Adam Erhart, and Michael Hyatt.
- Data and analytics are your bread and butter, used to double-down on what’s working and let go of what’s not.
Who are we?
Through the Word is a non-profit ministry centered on content. We provide a simple daily Bible habit with audio guides for every chapter in the Bible. Our content is available on various platforms such as the Through the Word App, Through the Word Podcast, and the YouVersion Bible app.
We are a high-performing small remote team with a variety of backgrounds in church ministry, business, and engineering.
Our Core Values:
- The Bible is our message, our mission, and our minimum standard.
- Humility in self, Hunger in mission, Happiness in life.
- Love and Integrity in word and deed.
What would you do?
- Grow our brand, market awareness, and audience.
- Guide our team and develop our marketing strategy in collaboration with the leadership team. What should we double-down on and what new opportunities should we pursue?
- Create a content-marketing “machine” to repurpose existing Bible content from 1189 chapters for distribution across social media and content platforms.
- Establish analytics and dashboards to monitor our progress toward the goal of 1 Billion Bible Chapters Understood Yearly by 2030.
- Travel occasionally to meet with the team, connect with partners, and participate in our annual retreat.
What are the perks?
- Full-time salary position
- Flexible remote work schedule
- Competitive salary with a performance-based bonus structure
- Health insurance benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Annual team retreats
- Meaningful and purposeful work with a direct impact on the kingdom
- Collaboration with fellow Christ followers
Our Hiring Process
Our hiring process is thorough and unhurried, potentially lasting a few months. We are dedicated to finding the best match for our mission and team. Please note, we may choose to not proceed with hiring if no candidates meet our qualifications.
Stage 1: Application
- Review the application questions here.
- Record a video introducing yourself and answering the application questions.
- APPLY below, submit the form with your application, resume, and supporting documents.
- We will review your application and notify you within one week if you are moving to the next stage.
Stage 2: Initial Interview
- A 30-minute interview will be scheduled to discuss your application and marketing background.
- We will notify you within two weeks if you will advance to the next stage.
Stage 3: In-Depth Interviews
- An in-depth interview will be scheduled to delve deeper into your professional skills and proposed strategy.
- Additional evaluations or interviews may be scheduled with other team members and board members.
- We estimate this phase to take 4-6 weeks to ensure we make the most informed decision.
Stage 4: Final Decision
After our review and team deliberations, we will communicate to you if you are hired.
Let me be honest and interject…
Our engineering team is small… one-person-small (plus occasional contractors and interns).
👋 Hi, I’m Zach, software engineer at TTW and you would be working directly with me.
You would be the second full-time engineer working on our rapidly-growing app which means you will be expected to contribute results on your own.
Now, I won’t leave you hanging. In fact, I love to collaborate, train interns, pair-program, document, keep everything as transparent as possible, and have lots of fun… but I want to let you know what to expect.
I’m looking for an entrepreneurial code-ninja who can get things done, wear multiple hats and shape the culture of our engineering team.
This isn’t a narrowly-defined position. You will be doing a variety of things that have a direct kingdom impact on 130,000 daily listeners and over 250,000 app users.
I am unabashedly a generalist with areas of weakness. I need you to bring your strengths to the table so together we can make the Through the Word app and platforms the best possible experience for our listeners.
Anyway, off my soapbox, here are some specific hors d’oeuvres to whet your appetite: