Through the Word is a concise audio guide to the entire Bible, one chapter at a time. It’s also an app that will equip you to read the Bible, understand it, apply it, and make it a habit. All that in just minutes a day. Take a look at some of the frequently asked questions below, and don’t hesitate to use the “Ask us” button to get in touch. We’ll get back with you as soon as we can.
Why is the app not working?
We're so sorry you're experiencing an issue with the TTW app. Let's work together to fix it! Please follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app (check your app store). If you need to update the app, do so and relaunch the app.
- Still not working? Try deleting (uninstalling) the app and reinstalling it from the app store.
- Sign back in.
- Still not working? Please scroll down and click the button below to launch a contact form. There, you can provide an explanation of the issue(s) you’re experiencing. You can also email us [email protected]. Screenshots and videos help! Your feedback helps us solve issues that may be affecting multiple users, so thank you for reporting with as much detail as you can.
- In the meantime: As a work-around, here are a few alternative ways to continue with your daily Bible habit off the app (When the app is back in working order, you can manually check off your progress -- see the question: "How do I manually mark a Plan or Guide as complete/reset progress?"):
- You can listen to TTW audio guides on the Through the Word Podcast on your favorite podcast provider:
- You can also find Through the Word Bible plans on the YouVersion Bible app: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans (search Bible book name + "Explained")
- Additionally, all plans are available to stream on our website from your desktop or mobile browser: https://throughtheword.org/plans
How do I manually mark a Plan or Guide as complete/reset progress?
Plan: Mark Completed/Reset Progress
From the Plan view (where you see the list of guides such as Colossians 1, Colossians 2, etc.), tap the three grey vertical circles in the top right-hand corner. Then tap "Mark Completed" or "Reset Progress."
Guide: Complete/Not Complete
From the Plan view (where you see the list of guides such as Colossians 1, Colossians 2, etc.), press and hold on an audio guide. You’ll see options to mark a guide as complete/not. (You can also mark a guide as "favorite" or share with a friend!)
What does listener-supported mean?
TTW is a free app, with no ads and no fees. And we intend to keep it free, with no strings (and no giving guilt trips) attached. Our mission is funded entirely by listeners who believe in our mission and give cheerfully. TTW is a registered non-profit charity in the USA, and all donations are tax-deductible. If you’d like to donate, visit throughtheword.org/giving for more info.
How do I get started reading the Bible with TTW?
Where do I start? The app starts you off with “TTW Intro” already set up, so start there and decide your next step after that. The 25-day Starter Journey gives you a grand tour of the Bible’s core themes and stories in 25 key chapters. But you can change or add plans anytime.
Where do I find them? From your home page, just tap “Browse” in the bottom left. Then select Journey, Book, or Topics & Extras to see what’s available… You can even tap “New & Updated” for our freshest content.
TTW wants to help you set a clear plan to read through the Bible. We call our reading plans guides because each one guides you chapter-by-chapter through part of the Bible. Our guides come in three varieties: Journeys, Books, and Topics & Extras, and you can find all of them from the home page by tapping “Browse” in the lower left.
- 19 Journeys: Each journey takes on several complete Bible books in about 90 days. Our pastors carefully set out the books of the Bible to follow themes, balance Old and New Testaments, follow OT chronology, and guide you on a clear path.
- 66 Books: For those wanting to choose their own path, you can sign up for one book at a time. You’ll get the same audio from the journeys, but more control on the order. Note that completing a book guide will not mark it complete in the journey.
- Topics & Extras: (more coming soon) Enjoy exclusive, original Through the Word plans covering an array of relevant topics. Thoughtfully presented by Through the Word teachers, these plans are ideal for personal study and small groups.
Can I follow more than one? Yes! You can start one each for: morning and evening, family Bible time, small group, disciple a friend, etc. It’s all up to you.
Can I read the Bible and listen to audio guides without a plan? Yes! You can find every Bible chapter and every audio guide anytime. Just tap Browse on the home page, then tap any plan you are seeking. Audio guides are available for every chapter.
Why create an account?
TTW allows you to register an account with us. It’s free, and it only takes a few seconds. We wouldn’t do this but it’s the only way to track and save your progress. With your account, you’ll be able to access your progress from any device. Also, no one will ever get your details or information… period… no small print… period! We might send you a few valuable emails a year, but you can always unsubscribe from those if you wish.
How do I reset my password?
- Tap "Forget your password?" above the sign-in block
- Enter your email in the next page then press Send Recovery
- Copy the recovery code from your email and paste into the Enter your Recovery Code field. Then type a new password into the New Password field.
- Press "Set New Password"
Where are the B-sides?
B-sides are located in some plans and journeys, but not all!
All “B” sides are now included in the list for each plan. No switching required! If you don’t want to listen, simply skip to the next guide.
Shh 🤫, don't tell anyone, but you can find a full list of B-sides here:
Keep it secret, keep it safe!
What if I have a question about my giving?
You can download your giving statements and see your donation history on your Giving account.
Sign in to your account:
Once signed-in you can access your statements here:
Can you help with a Bible question?
Have a question about a Bible topic or particularly tricky passage? In addition to connecting with your local church leadership, we recommend these two resources as great places to start:
blueletterbible.org has commentaries on every Bible chapter in both text and audio from some of our favorite pastors. The variety of pastors there should provide a balanced view on each chapter. Go to the chapter you’re looking for, and open the tools to find commentaries.
GotQuestions.org is a website designed to answer all kinds of Bible questions, and they have a dedicated team that responds to your questions, along with thousands of answers already posted. We are not affiliated with them and we haven’t read every answer they’ve posted, but we have read lots of their answers, and have found them to be well prepared, Biblically balanced, and clearly explained. If you don’t find the answer you’re looking for, send them a new question.
Here are two sample questions/answers from their site:
Can I listen without the TTW app?
Right now the Through the Word app is available only on iOS and Android mobile devices.
However, you can listen to TTW audio guides on the Through the Word Podcast on your favorite podcast provider:
You can also find Through the Word Bible plans on the YouVersion Bible app: https://www.bible.com/reading-plans (search Bible book name + "Explained")
Additionally, all plans are available to stream on our website: https://throughtheword.org/plans
We are always working to make Through the Word freely accessible for everyone!
Can I listen without an internet connection?
Yes! Listening without an internet connection requires you to 1) be signed into your account and 2) download the Plan(s).
From the Plan view (where you see the list of guides such as Colossians 1, Colossians 2, etc.), tap the three grey vertical circles in the top right-hand corner. Then tap "Download."
Please note that while offline, you're progress will not be tracked. To fix this, once you have an internet connection, you can manually mark your progress. From the Plan view (where you see the list of guides such as Colossians 1, Colossians 2, etc.), press and hold on an audio guide. You’ll see options to mark a guide as complete/not. (You can also mark a guide as "favorite" or share with a friend!)
How do I add/remove a Plan from my home screen (Where is Subscribe/Unsubscribe)?
No need to subscribe/unsubscribe to a Plan! Now, any Plan you start will automatically show up on your home screen. Want to "clean it up" or remove from your home screen? No problem! Simple press and hold any Plan from the home screen and a grey circle with a minus sign will appear on the right. Tap that circle and click "Remove" to confirm the change. Not seeing the grey circle appear? Try signing out and signing back in to your TTW account.
You can also change your view on your home screen by selecting the following view options: "Started," "Finished," "Downloaded," or "All."